Best Way for You to Respond Immediately in a Water Damage Situation:
1. Remain Calm. Most injuries from water damage are due to slip and fall accidents. Be extremely careful when walking in a water damaged area.
2. Shut Off the Water Flow Immediately: Either turn off the water at the source of the leak or shut off the main water supply to your home or office. If it is safe to do so, turn off the breakers on the electric panel for the area effected by the water damage. DO NOT enter rooms or basements that have standing water with the electricity on.
3. Call Parkside Restoration Immediately at 708-444-0595. We Will Respond Within 15 Minutes or Less. Parkside Restoration will send an experienced project manager to your home for FREE – even if it’s after hours. We will work with you to determine the scope of work and the BEST solutions to help you with your water damage restoration.
4. Call your Insurance Agent who can assist with the claim process: As a homeowner, it is hard to know/understand what will or won’t be covered with your insurance policy. At Parkside Restoration, we are insurance experts and will work alongside your insurance agent and insurance adjuster who will be assigned your claim. We will review your policy with you and help you understand the best steps in moving forward. At Parkside Restoration, we work with ALL Insurance companies and are here to help you.
5. Start with the Removal of Personal Items That Are Most Important to You: Anything you deem valuable to you or your family including photos, firearms, electronics, etc. should be moved to a dry area. This will prevent further damage to these items by limiting the exposure to water.